Weaponized Architecture is an examination of the inherent instrumentalization of architecture as a political weapon; research informs the development of a project which, rather than defusing these characteristics, attempts to integrate them within the scene of a political struggle. The proposed project dramatizes, through its architecture, a Palestinian disobedience to the colonial legislation imposed on its legal territory. In fact, the State of Israel masters the elaboration of territorial and architectural colonial apparatuses that act directly on Palestinian daily lives. In this regard, it is crucial to observe that 63% of the West Bank is under total control of the Israeli Defense Forces in regards to security, movement, planning and construction. Weaponized Architecture is thus manifested as a Palestinian shelter, with an associated agricultural platform, which expresses its illegality through its architectural vocabulary.The shelter constitutes both an architectural design and a narrative whose uncertainty is integrated as a creative catalyst.
What is Weaponized Architecture ?Weaponized Architecture: The impossibility of innocence is a book written by Léopold Lambert , architect and editor of The Funambulist and published by dpr-barcelona.
This research and architectural project investigate the inherent characteristic of architecture to be conceived or/and instrumentalized as a political weapon.
This small blog was a working tool during the elaboration of this research. The work published on it has to be understood as "in progress" when the book itself carries the finalized (if such thing is possible) output.
- # PALESTINE /// The Right to the Ruin: Civilizational Absence in the Post-Nakba Landscapes May 21, 2013
- # LEGAL THEORY /// The Space beyond the Walls: Defensive “a-legal” Sanctuaries May 18, 2013
- # LEGAL THEORY /// Architecture and the Law: An Epistolary Conversation with Dr. Lucy Finchett- Maddock in four letters May 16, 2013
- # WEAPONIZED ARCHITECTURE /// Designing Volumes of Energy: A Materialist Reading of the Explosion May 15, 2013
- # PHILOSOPHY /// Modes of Subversions against the Pharmacopornographic Society: Testo Junkie by Beatriz Preciado May 14, 2013